Condominium Management Provider Licence Application checklist
To apply for a Condominium Management Provider Licence Application, please provide the following information.
- Legal name of the business, corporation, or association
- Name of the firm’s designated Principal Condominium Manager
- If a corporation, names of the corporation’s officers and directors
· Mailing address and email address for service from CMRAO.
· If a dwelling will be used by the applicant/licensee to carry out condo management business:
- address of that dwelling;
- phone and email address for the owner or person who controls access to the dwelling; and
- confirmation that the owner or person is aware that CMRAO may access the dwelling under special circumstances.
3. Corporation Information about Good Character and Financial Responsibility
For each director and officer of a corporation:
- Information and background documents about bankruptcies, consumer proposals or proposed proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act for the applicant as an individual.
- Information and background documents about bankruptcies, consumer proposals or proposed proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act if the corporation went bankrupt or proposed bankruptcy while the applicant was an officer or director.
- Information about unpaid judgements from a court, administrative tribunal or regulatory/licencing body.
- Information about employment termination related to competence or failure to manage and account for money.
- Information about a professional licence or registration that was refused, suspended, or revoked or that was voluntarily terminated during an investigation.
- Information about charges, convictions or finding of guilt of an offence other the Highways and Traffic Act and parking offences other than those reported in the police record check.
- Information about any current investigation in a proceeding of a licensing/regulatory body.
- Information about a finding of negligence made against the applicant in a civil or criminal proceeding in Canada or another jurisdiction.
Before receiving a Condominium Provider Licence, a corporation must provide CMRAO with a list of each person who beneficially owns or controls 10 per cent or more of the equity shares issued and outstanding at that time.
The corporation must also list the persons associated with each other, and that together beneficially own or control 10 per cent or more of the equity shares issued and outstanding. Refer to the CMSA s. 46 (1)(2)(3).