Webinar: Managing Emergency Situations in Condominiums
Date: Friday, July 21, 2023 | 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Join us on Friday, July 21, 2023, to hear from an expert panel about strategies that condominium managers can use to identify and mitigate potential security threats and vulnerabilities before they can be exploited and used to cause harm in condominium communities.
Topics covered will include best practices and case studies related to before (prevention and mitigation), during (when the response takes place), and after (recovery) an emergency situation takes place.
This webinar is an opportunity for managers to understand how they can prepare to keep residents safe and maintain their duty of care if/when emergency situations occur in their condominiums.
Panelists will include:
- Brian Claman, President & Managing Director, Brian Claman & Associates Ltd.
- Brian Claman is an accomplished Senior Security Professional with over 40 years of security leadership. He founded Brian Claman & Associates Ltd., a boutique security risk management firm providing specialized security services to the commercial real estate sector (office, retail, industrial, and residential).
- Tony Bui, Associate Lawyer, Gardiner Miller Arnold LLP
- Tony is an associate at the Gardiner Miller Arnold law firm. He has successfully represented clients at all levels of court in Ontario and handled hundreds of enforcement matters.
- Craig McMillan, President, Maple Ridge Community Management Ltd.
- Craig McMillan is President of Maple Ridge Community Management (MRCM), an Associa Company, who has been a Condominium Professional since 2003. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for ACMO as well as the CMRAO’s Advisory Committee.
- Dr. Jack L. Rozdilsky, Associate Professor and Director of York University’s Disaster and Emergency Management program
- Dr. Jack Rozdilsky is an Associate Professor in the Disaster and Emergency Management Program at York University in Toronto, Canada. Dr. Rozdilsky’s professional duties include research, teaching, and service in topics related to disaster social science and emergency management practice.
Attendees may submit any questions they would like to have answered during the question and answer (Q&A) period during the webinar.
This webinar is approved as an eligible Continuing Professional Education (CPE) activity for the 2023–24 licensing year. Condominium managers who attend the live webinar will have an opportunity to earn credits towards their CPE requirements for this year.
The webinar presentation is available to download. [PDF – 1,485 KB]
The recorded webinar is available for viewing in the CMRAO’s video gallery.