Message from the CEO/Registrar: 2020–21 Licence Renewal Period
I am writing to you with an important update in relation to the 2020–21 licence renewal period. As a result of the exceptional circumstances presented by COVID-19, the CMRAO has made the decision to extend the period for application and payment of licence renewals for the 2020–21 licensing year.
To ensure that there is no breakage in licensure, information in the CMRAO’s system will be updated to reflect this change. Licensed individuals and companies can continue offering condominium management services as long as they submit their renewal applications by September 8, 2020.
The steps for the 2020–21 renewal process are as follows:
For individual condominium managers
- Beginning August 1, all licensed individuals may log in to the system, complete the renewal application form, and pay the annual fee for the 2020–21 licensing year.
- Licensees will have until September 8, 2020, to submit their renewal application and pay for their licence renewal.
For condominium management companies
- On July 1, the CMRAO will send a notice to all licensed management provider companies. During the month of July, licensed provider companies will be required to log in to their account and validate their roster of licensed employees.
- On July 31 at 11:59 p.m., the system will calculate the annual licensing fee for all licensed companies based on the information in the system.
- Beginning August 1, all licensed companies may log in to the system, complete the renewal application form, and pay the annual fee for the 2020–21 licensing year.
- Licensed companies will have until September 8, 2020, to submit their application and pay for their licence renewal.
The CMRAO hopes that the changes to the renewal process this year will offer some support and ease some of the pressures you are experiencing during this difficult time. Next year, the CMRAO will return to its regular licence renewal process beginning on May 1, 2021, and ending on June 30, 2021.
As providers of an essential service, condominium managers have had an important role to play in maintaining the health and safety of condominium communities across the province. The CMRAO would like to thank all condominium managers and management companies. We appreciate your efforts.
Chief Executive Officer & Registrar