Excellence in Condominium Management Survey Results
On November 1, 2021, the CMRAO introduced a new mandatory education course for Limited Licence applicants. Individuals who apply for a Limited Licence must now complete and pass Excellence in Condominium Management, a two-week course that is a combination of e-Learning and instructor-led sessions, with a final one-hour exam. Learners must achieve 75% to successfully pass the course.
From November 1, 2021, to August 31, 2022, 394 individuals completed the Excellence in Condominium Management course. The CMRAO recently conducted a survey of learners to gauge the relevance and effectiveness of the course, and to collect suggestions on how it could be improved.
The survey responses offered some useful feedback. Respondents strongly agreed that the Excellence in Condominium Management course provided:
- the necessary knowledge to begin a career in condominium management
- useful information about the duties and responsibilities of a condominium manager
- added value through the live instructor-led sessions
Additionally, after completing the Excellence in Condominium Management course:
- 83% of respondents took the course to obtain a Limited Licence
- 60% of learners continued their condominium manager education by registering for General Licence condominium management courses at Humber College
Excellence in Condominium Management outlines the realities of the condominium management profession, so learners are fully prepared before they make the decision to continue with the full program that leads to a General Licence. Early feedback from course graduates is key to ensuring that the content remains relevant, and the CMARO’s program objectives are fulfilled.